The Evanston Public Library Friends have outdone themselves.
They’ve put a killer collection of goodies up for grabs in an “Armchair Auction,” up until next Wednesday, June 2. It marks their biggest fundraising effort yet to keep Evanston’s two branch libraries open. (For background info, see “Dystopia Hitting Libraries Too Soon” and “Libraries Holding.”)
Here are eight of my favorites on the Armchair Auction site!:
- From Adam Selzer: One in-person, 60- to 90-minute group walking tour of the ghostlier parts of Chicago (for up to eight)
- James Kennedy: Two spots in his version of a buzzworthy (but pricey) auction item: Dinner with Audrey Niffenegger. In his unique take, James pledges to out-Niffenegger Niffenegger. More hilarity and literarity for your buck. (Yeah, I just made up that word.)
- Claire Zulkey: A signed copy of her book, AN OFF YEAR
- Jodi MacArthur: Become a character in Jodi’s next creepy short story. Sweet.
- Beverly Patt: A signed copy of BEST FRIENDS FOREVER: A WWII SCRAPBOOK, plus an author visit to your school, scout trip, or book club!
And, especially for writers:
- From Cynthea Liu: A 60-minute phone discussion with the children’s author, covering up to 2500 words of your work and your questions on the field
- Trina Sotira: One MuseWrite “Writer’s Repair Kit” gift certificate, good for either a 30-page critique or toward a MuseWrite seminar
- Karen Schindler: One two-hour editing package for a story of up to 3,000 words
To view an item, just search the author’s name (“MuseWrite” in Trina’s case) on the Armchair Auction site. Of course, the auction includes much more, in 30 categories – from Memorabilia to Health & Fitness to Event Tickets. Find something you like, bid now, and bid often!